[Wolves] LRL2006 - thankyou, thankyou, thankyou & a pitch

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 10:10:40 BST 2006

On 23/07/06, Alex Willmer <Alex at moreati.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 21:10 +0100, Ron Wellsted wrote:
> > my photos from LRL2006.
> >
> > https://wellsted.dyndns.org//gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=4047&g2_navId=x9e3d4210
>
> Before the day finishes, thankyou to Adam, Ade, Aq, Dave, Jono, Kat,
> Matt, Ron and everyone who helped make this such a fantastic weekend.
>
> Finally, I caught the end of tonight's Top Gear - the format is similar
> to LRL. An idea for promoting Linux & the Open Source community struck
> me: LUG TV.
>
> If Ade, Aq, Jono & Matt are up for it; we should campaign for a national
> prime time television show based on LUG Radio. Features to possibly
> include:
> - Star with a reasonable licensed OS.
> - Reviews of the latest releases, but in picturesque/foreign
> countryside.
> - Retrospectives on software classics (OS/2 etc) whenever they're
> desupported.
> - (Scrapping the barrel) zany tests, such as 'Despite the EULA, can
> Windows 95 be used to run a nuclear reactor?
>
> Possibly I'm still in super-positive group-think/cult mode, but I'm
> really fired up about this.
>
> Once again, thankyou.
> Alex

Or, maybe just get onto the BBC and ask why their news program titled
'Click!' is Microsoft oriented?  They very, very rarely feature open
source and Linux.......well.......you can guess the rest.

Click! is usually broadcast on a Sunday afternoon on BBC News 24 which
is free to air on Freeview.
Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(R) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom