[Wolves] bluetooth help please?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sat Jun 3 07:43:13 BST 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 20:40, David Morley wrote:

> what tools do I need for bluetooth files sharing/interaction between
> phone and pc please I can't find anything definate anywhere so thought
> I would ask here to get something a bit more solid.  I think Aq
> actually has something on his site somewhere a url may be useful
> though please.

Its easier than you think (or at least should be)

OK boys and girls have we got our aprons on?

you will need;

1 x USB Bluetooth pen/dongle whatever you want to call it
1 x Phone capable of bluetooth transfer (yep some idiots out there will try
and use phones that don't have that ability)

You will need to have installed the bluetooth apps either Kbluetoothd or I
think its Bluez just use your favourite apps manager and search for
bluetooth. theres generally two packages the 'Server' and the file transfer
manager (I think KbluetoothD has both but don't quote me)

Start the bluetooth server/daemon (With the USB pen drive plugged) now comes
the fun bit get ready to tell the Bluez (Or whatever) to search for devices
then tell the phone to make itself detectable. They should find each other,
set up the passphrase (or tell it to always accept connections from this
device) and away you go.

Works flawlessly with my FC5 and SuSE10 I'll set it up sometime today on
Dapper Drake and get back to you.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon