[Wolves] Bringing advanced Free (as in Freedom) technology to Windows platforms

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 19:46:00 BST 2006

On Thursday 08 June 2006 23:07, Shane M. Coughlan wrote:

>  However, it's a tool and it's free (as in speech and as in beer).

I've been playing with it all day. yet another hard drive failed on me this
morning so with time on my hands I thought I'd take a look.

I've no experience with Thunderbird so it took me a while to fathom it out, so
far I've changed the theme, added some extensions, can receive email's
(cant send yet but thats my fault as I cant remember my ISP smtp settings).

Have set up some rss feeds and installed a note/reminder add-on. I have to say
I'm very very impressed while I agree there could be some Employer rules
issues this is great for people on the move. (Do I smell an opportunity?)

I'm gonna have another look at the wiki as I thought it could be used with
Linux but I've just tried and it didn't work, again that maybe my ignorance
or misunderstanding of its capabilities.

At the moment I have it on an externall USB HDD in a caddy I purchased from
some rogue in Cheslyn Hay, I need to invest in a proper flash drive to give
it a thorough test with hopefully some tweaks that'll make it startup the
moment its plugged in.

Well done Shane for making me aware of this.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon