[Wolves] Talking of silly Friday

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 17:10:56 BST 2006

On 16/06/06, Andy Smith <andy at lug.org.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 04:24:34PM +0100, Peter Cannon wrote:
> > On Friday 16 June 2006 16:09, Andy Smith wrote:
> >
> > > Something similar was done to me by Pizza World Hounslow, although
> > > at a rather lower level of the evolutionary ladder:
> > >
> > > http://strugglers.net/~andy/humour/pizza_world_hounslow_oops.txt
> >
> > I've just pee'd myself when I saw some of the comments.
> >
> > 1. They're no use to me, bloody home users, pain in the bum, they're always
> > messing with their systems when they don't know what they are doing. ;)
> >
> > 2. Why on earth would anyone give their email address to Pizza World???? are
> > they that lazy? do they just mail their orders in?
>
> In my case:
>
> - not a case of laziness; I don't like talking on the phone,
>   especially to fast food employees (seriously, who does enjoy
>   talking to these people?) and it involved a 10% discount.
>
> - they had a web site for ordering which just mailed the store as
>   far as I could see (pizzaworlduk at gmail.com!).  I didn't trust my
>   credit card details to it, very glad of that now.
>
> - Gave up after 3 orders because they were completely incompetent at
>   making pizzas with the correct toppings no matter whether the
>   order was phoned or emailed.  WEBSITE NO WARKING indeed mate, pity
>   it is not just your web site that is NO WARKING.
>
> We now use dominos who cost more but get it right.  Their web site
> doesn't offer any special discounts though so I'm forced to phone
> them.
>
> Andy

This all reminds me of something I got a couple of years ago.

 A friend of mine worked for Penguin until very recently as a systems
analyst working on the mainframe computer.  I didn't know him because
of the computing stuff but because he is an angler.... a rather famous
angler in the world of British fishing.  He sent me an e-mail with a
massive list (Cc) of very well known people's e-mail addresses.  A lot
of tv stars such as Nigella Lawson  :-)))))  Yes, it was a mistake.
Oops....

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay