[Wolves] Ubuntu & wireless PCMCIA

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 10:49:29 BST 2006

On 19/06/06, Joe Wrigley <joe at wrigley.me.uk> wrote:
> Kevanf1 wrote:
> > Can anybody give some recommendations for wireless PCMCIA LAN 10/100
> > cards that work out of the box with Ubuntu?  Preferably not ones that
> > will work after much fiddling with ndiswrapper.  I would prefer
> > knowing about cards that just work :-))) please...
> >

> <plug type='shameless'>
> http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/wireless/
> </plug>
>
> We have taken some trouble to locate a card with a chipset that is
> supported by Linux. See that page for details.
>
> Joe

Brilliant!  Thank you guys.  I had looked on the Ubuntu site but not
the wiki :-(((  I'd looked on the hardware forum but got bogged down
in people having problems with cards that didn't work....

The Linux Emporium site is excellent :-)  I had found one site with
guaranteed to work cards:

http://openforeveryone.co.uk/perifs2.php?id=2

but they only have one card on offer.

Now with this choice life is far better :-)

Again, thank you.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay