[Wolves] Novells Gnome

Knowlesands at aol.com Knowlesands at aol.com
Sun May 14 15:48:33 BST 2006

Hi all,
         As a not very long newbie  user of Suse 9.1 and WLUG I am thinking
of upgrading to 10.1.To that end I would  be interested in the opinions of any
members using it on its pros and cons.I can  adapt to the version of Gnome or
KDE in use.
        I would also be very  interested in advice or opinions of members to
a not very experienced Linux user  as to what other distro they might think is
easier to use,easier to  install,easier to add or remove applications etc.
        Unlike the most widely used  OS,Linux users have a very wide choice
and amongst the longer serving members  there must one or a few distros that
are more widely used.I would prefer this  advice related to ease of use to a
newbie rather than my knowledge and ability  with command line and scripts.
        I tried Linux about ten years  ago but found it a very long time
consuming subject as opposed to Windows I was  using.After many years gap and a
copy of Live Knoppix (3.3) I was  pleasantly surprised to find how Linux had
advanced.After that I used Open Linux  2.4 (struggle) then Suse 9.1 (fine).
        I am now thinking of a more  recent version and ask for your advice
on what it should be.
            hoping  for some advice
                    Peter Gill