[Wolves] Novells Gnome?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sun May 14 12:18:38 BST 2006

On Sunday 14 May 2006 11:40, Simon Morris wrote:

> I think this is a barrier to closed source vendors writing more
> software for Linux desktops - users get confused a lot when it comes
> to navigating the filesystem and having n different interfaces for
> doing this is a very bad thing.

I've been saying that for years, strangely I get slated when I do? the only
way to resolve it, possibly, is to have a single desktop but then that goes
against the grain in respect of choice.

I agree with you totally from a users point of view, I want everything in the
same place and stuff looking pretty much the same regardless of what I'm
using. I have the same trouble with Fedora and SuSE they both put stuff in
different places.

> It's something that I would like to see fixed but I can't see how at
> the moment unless KDE and Gnome build some guidelines so the file
> chooser looks and acts exactly the same in both environments.

To repeat my self I reckon we could do with "Kgnome" :)

> P.S. I'll have a nice cup of Gnome Desktop for me pls

Ah, sorry libcoffee.so.0 is unavailable the upgrade cannot continue :)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon