[Wolves] Police, Stop&Search, discussion the other day

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Thu May 18 20:46:10 BST 2006

I forgot to report that in the week of Kevan's original post I went
through Cheslyn Hay at about 9:30 - 10:00 pm and a police van had
stopped at the bus stop. 2 or 3 police officers appeared to be
questioning a group of lads. Obviously they could have committed a crime
but it may have been another incidence of being young and outside being
treated as  suspicious behaviour. Maybe my suspicions are unfounded and
it's active community policing at it's best but how much freedom would
we be willing to give up in order to feel safe?