[Wolves] Police, Stop&Search, discussion the other day

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Thu May 18 21:56:45 BST 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 08:39:44PM +0100, Andy Wootton wrote:
> I forgot to report that in the week of Kevan's original post I went
> through Cheslyn Hay at about 9:30 - 10:00 pm and a police van had
> stopped at the bus stop. 2 or 3 police officers appeared to be
> questioning a group of lads. Obviously they could have committed a crime
> but it may have been another incidence of being young and outside being
> treated as  suspicious behaviour. Maybe my suspicions are unfounded and
> it's active community policing at it's best but how much freedom would
> we be willing to give up in order to feel safe?

I wouldn't have any problem with a police van or some officers on
foot going down the roads near here at 10pm and talking to any group
of suspicious-looking people to see what they were up to.  That
doesn't have to be harassment; it's usually very obvious when people
are up to no good.

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB