[Wolves] IMPORTANT:Handing over the reigns...

leo sandhu leosandhu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 21:22:37 GMT 2006

Don't know if it helps, but I was a dab hand at those SU Societies during my
radical youth.   Unless WolvesSU policy has changed, you need (I seem to
recall) 30 interested parties to sign a form and provide valid university
student numbers.   You then qualify for the right to borrow meeting space
and get a nice little budget for Society Activities ;)

You need contact the Sports & Socieites office at Student Union as they are
the only ones who can process this.   If attempting to raise the profile of
Linux  in the uni, a  Society is a very good means to attract students at an
early stage of their time at the Uni thanks to the Freshers Fayre which
occurs in the first days of a new academic year.

Notice Boards at the uni have always been overpoliced.   Registering a
society also allows for permission to be granted so that posters may be
placed on specific boards around campus.  From a marketers perspective,
these aren't always the best locations, however it's either that or waste
the money spent.

Leo.