[Wolves] Couple more mail questions

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Sat Nov 4 13:24:22 GMT 2006

If you run two mail servers, one main + one backup and mail is received
at the backup then would I be right in thinking that the
backup receives ALL mail for the domain ie AAAA at domain.com thru
ZZZZ at domain.com including mail to valid usernames.
Then when the time comes for A to receive the mail from the backup, it
rejects all but valid users leaving the backup to send reject emails
back to the originator.
However, if the originators mails were spoofed, you end up with a load
of frozen bounces on you system?
This is the way I understand it, anyway around it?

Second Q, is there an easy way of migrating mailboxes from one system to
the other or better still having a live copy of both on each box -
only a handfull of users.

Cheers