[Wolves] ID cards

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 11:14:46 GMT 2006

I've already signed the No2ID petition ages ago.  I have been 100%
against the introduction of ID cards in this country since the idea
was put forward.  No, I have nothing to hide but equally I do not want
my details to be freely accessible to whoever manages to gain a
government license to view.  We all know how strict this governemtn is
about such matters :-((((  grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Consider this, it's a summer's day and you are walking in W'ton city
centre.  You happen to be wearing a pair of shorts and t-shirt.  You
have simply gone for a walk in the sun, not to make any purchases or
go for a drink or anything like that.  With this in mind you obviously
don't have any wallet on you.  PC Plod comes along and asks to see
your ID card.  Oh dear, you don't have it, so what happens?  You get
banged up in W'ton police station until the police are satisfied you
are who you say you are.  Which might be more difficult that you
imagine.  By the time you get out it could be next morning or next
month!  Oh, I forgot to mention, you also get a summons to appear in
court fro not having your ID on you at all times.

Of course, another scenario is that you did take your ID but it was on
a chain/clip similar to the ones they issue at W'ton Uni....  How many
people lost them because they came apart or simply slipped off?  I was
a member of staff and I lost a couple in the 5 years I was there due
to this happening.

Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(r) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom