[Wolves] how can you list hardware on an isa bus?

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 22:56:55 BST 2006

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 11:36, chris procter wrote:

> Of course if you're really lucky ther might be a lsisa
> command equivalent to the lspci one.

There is an approximate equivalent, but for obvious reasons it probably won't
be installed by default on modern distros. :) Looks like it's no longer
maintained either. Check out:

http://www.roestock.demon.co.uk/isapnptools/

In particular:

http://www.roestock.demon.co.uk/isapnptools/pnpdump.8.html

You may need to do some tweaking in modprobe.conf (or modules.conf) too.

Long ago I fought a sound card this way, and the sound card won! The battle
was long and hard - I got wave output and joystick support detected, but no
MIDI. The onboard synth was rubbish anyway so I ended up using Timidity++
instead.

Out of interest, what spec of laptop was Ron giving away?

Regards,

James