[Wolves] Mixxx dependency

rob the.lock.keeper at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Oct 28 14:10:47 BST 2006

I fancied having a go at doing a bit of DJ'ing so thought I'd try installing
Mixxx.  It seems to have quite a few dependencies, most of which I have
resolved.  That is until I came to a message whilst trying to compile saying:

Cannot compile without libsndfile.a

I've looked at Software Installed on my system using YAST.  There is a
package called libsndfile listed without the .a extension.  Looking for this
file with Google didn't give me a website where I could download it.  Any
idea where I could get a copy?  Or perhaps it's already installed and YAST
just isn't showing the .a extension - in which case, how do I get the compiler
to find it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob