[Wolves] I'm told that you have a loadbalancing guru among you?

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Mon Apr 16 19:42:29 BST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of chris procter
Sent: 10 April 2007 23:29
To: Wolverhampton Linux User Group
Subject: RE: [Wolves] I'm told that you have a loadbalancing guru among you?

> There are lots of other details I could rabbit about
> but seeing as I may be way off base here already I'll
> give you a chance to explain why I'm missing the point
> :)

> chris

Chris,

No - you were spot on. Your explanation made perfect sense to me, and I
think that the proverbial penny has dropped.

OK, I'll change a couple of things around, so run it on 4 rather than 2 PCs,
because, erm, I now have them :-) but the "failover causes the box to add
another IP address" makes perfect sense.

Is there, perchance, a tool that automates all this for me?

Regards,

Mark