[Wolves] Firefox search bar language

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 18:37:37 BST 2007

Hi everyone

I have a really annoying problem which has appeared
over the last week. My search bar in Firefox has
started taking me to google.it and all of the
non-result text is in Italian.

I have googled for other people having this problem, I
have looked in about:config for anything to do with
search or google and I have checked my language
preferences.  I have removed and re-added en_GB as my
language, I also have en as a secondary. I have
checked my user-agent string and it contains no
language information. I have also deleted all of my
cookies.

I can't find where it is picking Italian up from. Does
anyone know where I can change this? It seems to have
happened to all of the machines in my house which I
use regularly (all Ubuntu). It hasn't happened to my
work machines (a Mac and a Windows box, haven't tried
the Fedora box).

I have also grepped my FF profile for "google.it" and
there are no relevent results. Does anyone know where
the hell this has come from and where I can change it
back?

Thanks hopefully,

Ad

--