[Wolves] Nokia n800

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:48:43 BST 2007

On 28/08/2007, Lee Parkes <leep at bogus.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> Anyone got one of the Nokia n800 "Internet tablets"? Read a review in a Linux
> mag and they seem to be rather good. Just wondering if anyone had any first
> hand experiences..?
>
> Cheers,
>         Lee

At the GUADEC conference, they lent them out for a day. The screen is
800x600, so the web seems like the web, rather than some weird mobile
phone version of the web.

It is a wonderful device, I could do more or less everything I
personally do on a laptop on it, but there is perhaps still a question
of whether it is still a little before its time. To put it another
way, I think the usefulness depends on whether you are always
somewhere with wireless internet (that you can access).

Sadly, I think the British government has taken a really backward
approach to wifi that is hampering the most obvious way forward, i.e.
ubiquitous open wifi that just works.

Best Wishes,
Zeth