[Wolves] Audio-->Text

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 10 09:51:47 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 09:35 +0000, ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin wrote:
> Here's a question, is there some software (Free or otherwise) that
> will convert Audio to text/

Effectively, no (iow, yes - but it's rubbish)

> I'm starting to get heavily into listening to podcasts and and was
> thinking "How do deaf people enjoy this"? can they download the ogg or
> mp3 and run it through some sort of converter so they can read the
> show?

Accessibility guidelines suggest transcripts should be available for
all audio and video on ones website.

Accessibility legislation would seem to make this mandatory, but
given lack of case law we have some way to go before this is
widely accepted.

 - Richard