[Wolves] Very, very odd problem

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 11:10:42 GMT 2007

I seem to have a very strange problem regarding a single, specific web
address.  For the last 5 or os days I have been trying to get onto
<www.kateskates.co.uk>.  No, not for me but for a pressie of new and
rare in this country inline skates for our eldest daughter.  I simply
cannot get onto the site.  Heavy traffic perhaps?  Well that's what I
thought to start with.  I have tried at all times of the day with no
luck at all, it simply times out.  I have used a Windows XP machine
using Firefox, Internet Explorer (aaaghhh, I hate that browser with a
passion) and also Opera.  All the browsers are up to date and I do not
have any problem with any other website.  I have got friends on
another mailing list to try the site and, though some report it being
slow they all get through.  More than one of those friends uses the
same ISP as I do so it rules out that.  I have checked the firewall
settings and all the other anti-malware settings and none are
affecting it.  So, this morning I trot down to my beloved workshop and
try the Kubuntu PC just in case it was Windows blocking it for some
reason (why it would I don't know).  Exactly the same, I just get a
'time out' message from Firefox.  I have even gone to the trouble of
doing a reverse DNS look up and then entering the pure IP address in
umbers rather than letters...still nothing.

Any ideas what I can try next?   Remember, no other sites are affected
and my connection is fairly quick averaging about 4mb download (varies
during the day).