[Wolves] Giving up on SUSE 10.2....

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 16:26:25 GMT 2007

On 07/02/07, Steven Welton <steven.welton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed this OS today in a dual boot with Win XP Pro...all went
> swimmingly.  So, my first aim is to get the XGL desktop environment running.
>  But can I do it?  I'd be better of trying to plait fog!

Microsoft recommends SUSE, surely you are not saying that it is bad ; )

As a new user I would recommend Ubuntu. Although I do not use it
myself, I have put my wife and other family members on it.

Less controversial:

Easy to install, it seems to be very popular in England right now and
it has good documentation.

More controversial:

I would install the 32bit system even if you have a 64bit chip so then
there is less problems with all the dirty luxuries that plug into
Firefox, i.e. Realplayer, Flash, Win32codecs and so on. None of these
come by default but can easily be turned on via repositories, just
look up each one in the Ubuntu wiki when you need it.