[Wolves] Things I have learn't in the last 16 hours
chris-procter at talk21.com
Thu Jan 4 10:50:57 GMT 2007
Being a true, and possibly even accurate, record of
the topics discussed at the wolveslug meeting 3/1/07
* The intel 4004 was a 4 bit chip because 4bits == 1
* [disk manufacturer who will remain nameless] has
developed a disk that can detect if its part of a RAID
set and deliberately corrupt your data, forcing you to
buy the more expensive "server" version of the disk.
This was deemed clever, with a side order of evil, in
a "how the fsck?" sauce.
* Ron a) owns, and b) can use, a slide rule. This is
a) cool and b) unsurprising
* Dave Morley believes the geriatric pr0n industry in
wolverhampton needs revitalising
* POTENTIAL LUG PROJECT ?: Linux Cluedo. "I believe it
was Hans Reiser in the computer room with the hard
* Jono and Aq are definitively not the same person,
because you only ever see them in the same room.
* Wolveslug conversations have more tangents then an
* Ron achieves his remarkable feats of knowledge and
memory by using his beard as external storage.
* Vote Pope. (What the bishop of Rome thought of this
was not revealed)
* Real Computers (tm) have bioses that let you program
tetris. There's really not enough forth in the world
these days don't you think?
: OFW ( a b c -- ) CR ." Forth FTW!" CR; OFW
or, if you're showing off:-
: OFW2 ( a b c d e -- ) CR ." Forth" 5 0 do EMIT loop
CR ; 33 dup 3 * 12 - dup 3 - dup 14 - 32 OFW2
* There are > 720 people signed up to this mailing
* In a world where aeroplanes exist Denmark is no
* Jokosher sucks donkey balls. (wether this is a good
thing depends on wether you are the donkey of course)
* There are not enough nob gags in the lug these days.
(Although it is doubtfull there are enough nob gags in
the world for certain lug members...)
* Other stuff I have forgotten.
* Somebody should write some minutes...
Your faithful scribe,
The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
More information about the Wolves