[Wolves] Open Office org question..

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 18:08:05 GMT 2007

--- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/01/07, chris procter
> <chris-procter at talk21.com> wrote:
> > --- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Here's one that's a little different :-)  When I
> > > start up Open Office
> > > (Writer in this case) I am presented with a
> default
> > > untitled document.
> > >  It's all ready to go etc but it's not what I
> > > usually want :-(  I have
> > > a number of custom templates saved and I
> normally
> > > want to use one of
> > > these, being a creature of habit :-)))  So, my
> > > question is, does
> > > anybody know how I can have Open Office start up
> > > Writer with a totally
> > > empty workspace, i.e. no document at all loaded?
> >
> > No, but if you start openoffice with
> > soffice -o [templatename]
> > it will open the template rather then a blank
> > document.
> >
> > chris
> >

> Yes, but it may not be that specific template.  I
> see what you mean
> Chris but my memory is terrible and I wouldn't be
> able to remember the
> template name.  I like to scroll down through the
> available templates
> and pick the one to open.  At the moment I can do
> this but I have page
> already generated (untitled) in the background.  Ok,
> it's not much
> hassle to simply close that one but surely it
> shouldn't have to be
> that way.  It means more mouse buttons pressed which
> is not good when
> you have arthritis in your fingers.  I'm sure others
> must be in this
> boat.

Why don't you take Chris's suggestion and then make a
desktop shortcut for each one? In Gnome they are
called Launchers (right-click desktop, create
launcher), I can't remember what KDE calls them if
that's your poison.

Create a launcher with a name that you can use to
identify which one it is, such as "Ebay Template" and
then fill in the command part as per Chris's
suggestion.

Ad

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/