[Wolves] LRL Mass Debate - BBC Guidelines

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 23:26:30 BST 2007

On 08/07/07, Chris Fox <chris at robotninja.net> wrote:
> What about *BSD? Amiga? RiscOS on the old BBC micro? $randomOS etc etc etc?

Well indeed. I worry that they are deliberately not saying the L word
to try and make:
other platforms = Apple Mac X 10.5

> I honestly have no idea whether it's even possible, but I would guess
> that the only solution would be an open source DRM system. Unfortunately
>   I think that the OSS community would have to practically deliver a
> totally finished product to the BBC - with implementations in Linux, OSX
> and Windows - in order to convince them.

As I mentioned elsewhere (
http://commandline.org.uk/2007/dont-say-the-l-word/ ), we could make
an Open Source DRM that pretends to work as much as the proprietary
DRM pretends to work.