[Wolves] Sick of M$

Suntish Narain suntish_narain at suntish-narain.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 21:36:43 BST 2007

I still have the document where it says that the warranty has been voided. I will inform the citizens advise bureau and will let you guys know what happens.The health check is to ensure that the programs are working and that the performance of the laptop, like speed etc, has not been affected. My only fear is that, since my laptop is only a few months old, if i get a problem or an accident happens, it will not be covered in the warranty. :-(The manufacturer's warranty does not say anything about partitioning the hard disk.I will let you know of the outcome.Many thanks for your support. I really appreciate it.Suntish.> Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:12:56 +0100> From: drinky76 at yahoo.com> Subject: RE: [Wolves] Sick of M$> To: wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> > --- Suntish Narain> <suntish_narain at suntish-narain.co.uk> wrote:> > > Rob,> >  > > i bought a laptop from PC World last October, took> > the insurance on it, which entitles me for a free> > health check. My laptop is a HP Pavilion. A couple> > of weeks ago, i brought my laptop to PC World for> > the health check i was entitled, they refused to do> > it, saying that i have partitioned my hard disk with> > Ubuntu. Even though i had Windows XP on it, they> > told me that the warranty that i had was voided as> > well, just because i has Ubuntu installed. I have> > been paying £12.99 per month for that extended> > insurance.> > It's not fair.> >  > > Suntish.> > I would have been tempted to shout loudly at them and> threaten to report them to Watchdog or something.> Check your terms and conditions and see if they> mention it being voided by modifying the disk layout> or installed OS in anyway, they may say something less> specific.> > Failing that, just go and shout loudly at them at a> peak sales time in front of loads of potential> customers or contact their head office with a written> compaint. It might embarrass them enough to reconsider> or offer you a refund.> > While my understanding of what they actually do in the> health check and the contents of their T&Cs is naive,> I think this is disgusting treatment.> > Ad> > -- > > http://blog.adamsweet.org/> > >       ___________________________________________________________ > Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for> your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html > > _______________________________________________> Wolves LUG mailing list> Homepage: http://www.wolveslug.org.uk/> Mailing list: Wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> Mailing list home: https://mailman.lug.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/wolves