[Wolves] Sick of M$

William J Giddings giddings at freeuk.com
Tue Jul 31 13:14:59 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 20:36 +0000, Suntish Narain wrote:
> I still have the document where it says that the warranty has been
> voided. I will inform the citizens advise bureau and will let you guys
> know what happens.
> The health check is to ensure that the programs are working and that
> the performance of the laptop, like speed etc, has not been affected.
> My only fear is that, since my laptop is only a few months old, if i
> get a problem or an accident happens, it will not be covered in the
> warranty. :-(
> The manufacturer's warranty does not say anything about partitioning
> the hard disk.
> I will let you know of the outcome.
> Many thanks for your support. I really appreciate it.
> Suntish.

Alternatively,

Threaten them with a summons to the small claims court as you want them
to fulfil the terms of the service contract. Also add the cost of all
your time and effort at a reasonable work rate for preparing the case
against them plus compensation for travel time, petrol, parking, phone
calls, electricity consumed for making prints. It will cost you a few
quid to lodge the claim but the defendant will have to pay if
successful. This usually causes big firms to act as the paperwork is
dispatched to the company secretary who has to respond in writing within
a specific time frame. As the cost of settling a small claim fulfilling
the contractual obligation is less than the cost of dealing with the
complaint through the small court, the issue gets settled pretty
quickly. If summons in this way, a you can recoup all of your costs plus
more.

Regards

WJG