[Wolves] Just to let you know...

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 23:01:21 GMT 2007

--- David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to let you know I've signed up to do ccna with
> the skills train.
> Although not amazingly Linux orientated I though it
> might be of
> interest. :)
>
> Has anyone any knowledge in this is it a good move?
>
> Course includes
>
> A+
> N+
> then CCNA

A CCNA is not cheap [1] at ~£1,000, and I don't know
what an A+ or N+ are, but CCNA is great for your CV,
valuable in career terms and is great when looking for
jobs.

If you can afford it then I think the cost is
justifiable. I guess it's just a case of being able to
guarantee you can be there for the course every week
for 2 years or so, plus the A+ and N+, as I asked at
the LUG meeting. Even if it doesn't get you a job,
you'll be a hell of a lot more knowledgeable and
you'll be glad that you did it. Hypothetically, you
could have just pissed £1,000 up the wall in beer,
cigarettes and gambling, so no matter where it leads
you, you'll be better for it.

It's not easy though, you'll need to really put the
work in, not that I doubt you will.

Ad

[1] I think £1,000 is great value for a CCNA when an
MCSE is something like £3,000 (I may be wrong). I'd
value a CCNA over an MCSE, but any evidence of
post-school leaving studying is always a good thing to
an employer.

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/