[Wolves] Broadband Modem/Wireless Router

Broadfield Robert BroadfieldR at walsall.gov.uk
Fri May 11 14:47:30 BST 2007

Finally decided to have broadband (free from Talk Talk).  The PC at home
has SuSE 10 on it and I have a laptop (currently with Windows XP MCE &
built in LAN & wireless) which I hope to install ubuntu on.  Go live
date is Wednesday so I'll be popping out over the weekend to get a
Modem/Wireless router (with one or two LAN sockets).  Any suggestions on
make & models that are compatible and advice on how to set the network
up for Linux (a link to a web page would suffice)?  If there's a driver
disc, I could use XP MCE to set the modem/router up if first of all and
then connect with Linux.  Any advice appreciated.

Rob