[Wolves] Free: office/computer/server stuff

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Thu Nov 8 14:08:22 GMT 2007

Hi everyone

Here is a revised list of the stuff to go. Your country needs *you* to
take away anything which interests you within the next week and a half :)

See:

http://www.adamsweet.org/misc/giveaway.jpg

for a photo of the stuff which has to go. Also:

http://www.adamsweet.org/misc/

For individual items. My apologies for the file size and shoddy camera
work...

This email was also posted to Shropshire LUG.

There are:

3 office fans
19" CRT monitor
A 15" TFT monitor, doesn't work, I couldn't find any loose wires inside,
maybe you can fix it
A bunch of 8 way KVMs
An HP Deskjet 940c printer without cables
A big SCSI RAID cabinet with high availability RAID controller, I think
Chapparal was in the name somewhere, also with a redundant PSU and spare
redundant PSU
A pile of standard PS/2 keyboards
A couple of wireless mice with PS/2 base stations
A few desktop PCs, 550MHz or less
A bunch of DDS2 and DDS3 SCSI tape drives
2 x laptops, I think one is 133Mhz with 16MB RAM and the other is a
75MHz 486 DX with 8MB RAM
3 x Vigor 2200 ADSL modem/routers
2 x Avis AV-3004-D 4 port H.323 VoIP gateways
1 x 5 port D-Link mini hub
1 x Unknown Voice gateway (model no AVG 6000BA)
1 x Symantec 10 port firewall/VPN box model ISB VPN200
A 7 port USB 1.1 hub
1 x 100MB USB Zip drive
1 x 3Com ISDN modem
1 x Adderlink XR Gold KVM
A desktop sized photo copier
An old fax machine
A few SCSI DVD RAM drives and some DVD RAM disks
1 x 1u server, 750MHz or so, didn't work properly for me, maybe needs
new CMOS or something
A few floppy and CR-ROM drives
Roll of SCSI cable
A few empty DVD cases
A pile of unused Pentium 4 heatsinks and fans
A SCSI CDROM jukebox, something like 7 drives which take 4 disks each

Not visible is:
1 x half height grey server rack

I'll revise the list with anything which I have forgotten.

This stuff needs to be collected from Wellington in Telford, with
smaller collections possible from my house in Wolverhampton if I happen
to visit the office between now and then.

Collections from the office will need to take place in early evening,
preferably on Monday or Tuesday around 17:30-18:30. I can make other
visits if necessary but weekday daytimes and Wednesday nights are out.
The office will be emptied at the end of next week.

Help yourselves please :)

Ad