[Wolves] Pretty cool Wolves-Lug meeting

Chris Maggs chrismaggs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:31:38 GMT 2007

What a coincidence! I had my Tux and GNU tattoos done in Morriston.

And I lived in Forestfach in Swansea for a year. I actually lived in a
static caravan. I had a network of about 5 PCs (including a laptop)
setup there. There were 3 Linux boxes, an iMac and a G3 (both on OS X)

I should be down for the Christmas Bash (especially if an Indian meal
is involved!) and LUG Radio live is a big yes! Depending on money may
make the USA trip aswell.

Chris

On 08/11/2007, Adam Sweet <adam at adamsweet.org> wrote:
> Chris Maggs wrote:
> > I'd like to announce my thanks for making a Welshman welcome at the
> > LUG meeting once again.
>
> > Finally a big thanks to all for intoducing me to the fun and enjoyment
> > of a LUG meeting. When I get home I'll be joining my local LUG
> > (http://www.swlug.org)
> >
> > Hopefully I'll see you all again in the Xmas party (if I can get a day
> > off work!) and in LUG Radio Live next year!
> >
> > Diolch yn fawr!
>
> The lead guitarist in my band was from Swansea and the Welsh accent is
> fantastic, I have a soft spot for South Wales. I spent a Christmas in
> Swansea a few years back. I have vague memories of stumbling around the
> Leopard's Leap pub in Morriston on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, a
> night out at Ritzy's in Swansea and looking at the crumbling Vetch Field
> stadium :)
>
> It was good to meet you, hopefully we'll see you again again :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam Sweet
>
> --
>
> http://blog.adamsweet.org

My GNU/Linux Machines

CPU : 2.8 GHz Genuine P4
RAM : 512Mb Dual Channel DDR
OS : Fedora Core 6 Kernel 2.6.18

CPU : 733 MHz  PIII
RAM : 256Mb PC100 SD-RAM
OS : No OS yet; awaiting new HDD (Debian planned)

Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 running Zynergy ROM
266Mhz with 32mb RAM
Wireless b active

Nokia N770 Debian Linux based SmartPhone
Wireless b/g active
Holux M-1000 Bluetooth SatNav Reciever linked to phone

"Linux - The choice of the GNU generation!"

Registered GNU/Linux user - #419550