[Wolves] Windows NT + licenses needed!

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Oct 3 10:45:25 BST 2007

On 02/10/2007, stephen welch <stephenwelch at hotmail.com> wrote:

You try one of the councils (Wolves, Sandwell or Birmingham)  The contact
> for software at Link2ICT in crum is Harry Watkins.  It is a long shot but
> they may be able to help.
>
> The other option is local schools it is rare that the old NT / 2000 boxes
> are put to good use once they are replaced by 2003. I see lots of NT 4.5
> discs / CD's stuffed away in small dark and dusty cupboards
>
> Or if you can lay your hands on the MDSN pack they have a number of
> software
> titles included and one used to be Advanced 2000 - not sure what the terms
> of the agreement are though with these.

This is illegal

Operating system software, such as Windows can not be transferred due to the
wording
of the licences; however Microsoft applications such as Outlook and Office
can be transferred
legally.

Other licenses that cannot be sold are ones obtained through some other
process other than buying the software. Examples of these are OEM Software
(has to stay with the original equipment) and MSDN or Technet licenced
products. As these licenses are aquired at subsidized rates.

As some of you know we are an authorised Microsoft reseller, I have checked
with MS this morning.

--
Regards

Dick Turpin

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release System
packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a snapshot to the
stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a fresh install the
command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.