[Wolves] Windows NT + licenses needed!

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Oct 3 11:21:12 BST 2007

On 03/10/2007, Mark Harrison <Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com> wrote:

But we're not primarily talking about Current licences, or even O/S
> licences are we?
>
> The bulk of the request was for NT CALs... which explicitly WERE
> transferable.
>
> For NT 4.0, the term in the licence that explains this is the "Other
> Transfers" section of Clause 2. This can be found about 1/3 of the way
> down page 2 of the MLA.
>

> The CURRENT MS terms are very, very, much more restrictive.

Hm, fair point, I'd missed the 'CALS'  requirement.

I tracked down the company who supposedly trades in licenses, they are in
fact based in Stafford their site is very dubious IMO they don't actually
trade in licenses per say they want you to trade in your old ones for new
ones ie trade in Office XP Pro for Office Pro 2007 and looking at it I think
its as I said earlier based around Apps licenses not OS ones.

--
Regards

Dick Turpin

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release System
packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a snapshot to the
stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a fresh install the
command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.