[Wolves] BTfon - Can anyone make any sense of this announcement?

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Mon Oct 15 15:04:28 BST 2007

On 15/10/2007, Peter Evans <zen8486 at zen.co.uk> wrote:

Time for a leading question though.  I'd like to understand why is it people
> feel they're entitled to, or even want, free wireless internet with VOIP
> capability.

Lol its the same mentality as owning a mobile phone, nobody really really
needs one only business people. We all managed perfectly well with pay
phones but Joe Public was desperate to have one so that they could walk
round ASDA "Yeah I'm in ASDA.. What.. Oh doing some shopping.. yeah we'll go
to Woolworths next" doing the "Ooh look at me I've got a mobile" WE KNOW! WE
CAN HEAR YOU!

Now of course they want to sit in the park, laptop at the ready, "Look at me
I've got a wireless laptop" have you tried to look at your screen in the
garden? its pants you have to have an umbrella or something failing that I
sit in my shed!

What possible reason could Joe Public have for walking down the high street
Laptop in hand? Sure if you was going to LugRadio Live or something similar
well OK there might be a need but if its just email or web access most
phones do that don't they?

And what is it about this subject that differs from anyone else
> wanting something for nothing?

ROTFLMAO you're a braver man than me.

--
Regards

Dick Turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release System
packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a snapshot to the
stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a fresh install the
command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.