[Wolves] BBC Technology poll - vote now :-)

Chris Maggs chrismaggs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:43:25 BST 2007

Just after I voted, this story popped up!

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7063716.stm

Great read, and I was outraged by the following section :

[QUOTE]
But a spokesman for Becta said the problem was that Microsoft required
schools to have licences for every PC in a school that might use its
software, whether they were actually doing so or running something
else.
[END QUOTE]

Chris

On 26/10/2007, Mark Harrison <Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com> wrote:
> Just a quick note. For about the first time, the BBC have included Linux
> as an option in one of their polls, so we're quickly trying to get
> people to vote for it, thus demonstrating to them that Linux is
> something they should be taking more seriously.
>
> The poll is on http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/
>
> And reads:
>
> =========
>
> VOTE
> Will you be buying Leopard?
> *Yes - I need new spots*
> *No - I'm happy with Tiger*
> *No - Linux is my OS of choice*
> *No - I'm a Windows user
>
> =========
>
> *Some people over on the Ubuntu-UK list noted that when the poll first
> appeared, the Linux option was missing, but was added within minutes!
>
> M.

My GNU/Linux Machines

CPU : 2.8 GHz Genuine P4
RAM : 512Mb Dual Channel DDR
OS : Fedora Core 6 Kernel 2.6.18

CPU : 733 MHz  PIII
RAM : 256Mb PC100 SD-RAM
OS : No OS yet; awaiting new HDD (Debian planned)

Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 running Zynergy ROM
266Mhz with 32mb RAM
Wireless b active

Nokia N770 Debian Linux based SmartPhone
Wireless b/g active
Holux M-1000 Bluetooth SatNav Reciever linked to phone

"Never underestimate the power of the Dynamic Duo!"