[Wolves] BBC Technology poll - vote now :-)

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Mon Oct 29 11:26:43 GMT 2007

Richard,

We appear to be talking at cross purposes.

There was an attack on MS that claimed that licencing schemes NOT
related directly to usage were "morally reprehensible", and I was
disagreeing. I wasn't trying to argue that MS was the right solution for
schools!

I deliberately picked a whole bunch of examples, in "life outside
software" where we all agree that paying based on something OTHER than
usage-related-packages is perfectly acceptable.

You may want to move the argument away from those grounds onto the
"convicted monopolist" argument... and you are welcome to do so... but I
don't see how that invalidates any of my examples that we are willing to
accept non-usage related contracts in MOST things we do in life.

Mark