[Wolves] BBC Technology poll - vote now :-)

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 29 12:07:14 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 11:25 +0000, Mark Harrison wrote:
> We appear to be talking at cross purposes.

> There was an attack on MS that claimed that licencing schemes NOT
> related directly to usage were "morally reprehensible", and I was
> disagreeing. I wasn't trying to argue that MS was the right solution for
> schools!

Hello Mark,

Ah, okay - apologies, ``morally reprehensible'' doesn't come
into it - it's just sharp practice.

As to MS being the right solution for schools, I don't want
Free Software mandated - i just want a level playing field [1]
so that schools can choose Free Software for themselves. However
this is far from simple. :-/

 - Richard

[1] But didn't they sell off all of the playing fields to
housing developers? Now that may well be ``morally
reprehensible'' :-(