[Wolves] Tomcat and Fedora's Apache (Httpd)

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Fri Aug 15 11:35:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 09:24 +0100, member dick_turpin wrote:
> description The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.
> Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
>
> Which is good as I had zilch before so it would appear tomcat is in
> fact running. I followed these instructions
> http://www.stefanolocati.it/blog/?p=123 but have no idea if that had
> any effect as I also installed tomcat6-admin-webapps.noarch before
> restarting tomcat6 from the 'services' gui

I would surmise that rpm contains configuration files for the manager
and admin webapps, but I would gues they need activating by uncommenting
or editting various bits.

I don't have a Fedora machine to try this on unfortunately. If you you'd
like me to take a brief look this evening, perhaps an ssh login could be
arranged.

Alex