[Wolves] Virgin & ipv6

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 21 12:24:40 UTC 2008

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 09:44:32AM +0100, Peter Evans wrote:
> Without wishing to be provocative, and perhaps displaying my own ignorance,
> but why would you want to use IPv6?
>
> I know about its greater address space, and that it has IPSec support, but is
> this all it offers?

Pretty much, yes.  And by enabling it (at either end, eyeball end or
content end), currently, you will degrade your network experience
since there are a lot of broken IPv6 server and broken IPv6 eyeball
networks.

<pimp>
BitFolk VPSes have native (non-tunnelled IPv6), btw :-)
</pimp>

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB