[Wolves] Software RAID reconstruction

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 27 13:42:38 UTC 2008

Hi Adam,

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 09:34:21AM +0100, Adam Sweet wrote:
> chris procter wrote:
> > If so your seeing sdd rebuilding then failing again either when it writes to that block or some
> > sort of integrity check on finishing rebuilding, replace sdd and you'll be fine.
>
> That's the new plan. I just have to catch it.
>
> > Of course I could be wrong about you being wrong :)
>
> We could both be wrong and then I'll phone you up for advice on advanced
> filesystem recovery techniques.

The only thing I have to add is that the linux-raid list has some
extremely smart people on it.  Based on advice given there, I have
seen hapless individuals recover all or almost all their data even
in the face of multiple pilot errors.

So my advice if you have any questions remaining is to ask there.
The maintainer of mdadm, Neil Brown, posts regularly.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB