[Wolves] Imap folders

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 16:03:56 GMT 2008

--- Wayne <waynelists at machx.co.uk> wrote:

> I'd quite like to have nested folders within my Imap
> email folders but
> get a message saying
> "Target mailbox does not allow inferior mailboxes"
>
> Where can I adjust this (if possible) - Fedora Core
> 6, Exim 4

This an IMAP daemon thing, rather than Exim. What IMAP
daemon are you using? Frankly, I've used Dovecot and
Courier and don't know any others, but in the those 2
I never had to set anything up to have it allow
subfolders, I just used my mail client to add a sub
folder.

Otherwise, check your IMAP daemon's configuration
files, which of course would be in /etc/<daemonname>,
or if you're using a custom compiled Courier it would
be under /usr/lib/courier-imap/ or for another custom
compiled daemon, probably under
/usr/local/<daemonname/etc/ or something like that.

Ad

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/