[Wolves] Imap folders

Wayne waynelists at machx.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 16:31:28 GMT 2008

Adam Sweet wrote:
> --- Wayne <waynelists at machx.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> I'd quite like to have nested folders within my Imap
>> email folders but
>> get a message saying
>> "Target mailbox does not allow inferior mailboxes"
>>
>> Where can I adjust this (if possible) - Fedora Core
>> 6, Exim 4
>>

> This an IMAP daemon thing, rather than Exim. What IMAP
> daemon are you using? Frankly, I've used Dovecot and
> Courier and don't know any others, but in the those 2
> I never had to set anything up to have it allow
> subfolders, I just used my mail client to add a sub
> folder.
>
> Otherwise, check your IMAP daemon's configuration
> files, which of course would be in /etc/<daemonname>,
> or if you're using a custom compiled Courier it would
> be under /usr/lib/courier-imap/ or for another custom
> compiled daemon, probably under
> /usr/local/<daemonname/etc/ or something like that.
>
> Ad

Now, I'm really confused. I've always assume that my system uses Dovecot
and indeed a quick search for dovecot reveals the imap
directories stuffed with references to Dovecot - however trying to
restart Dovecot gives a 'fatal error, invalid configuration in
/etc/dovecot.conf'
and in dovecot.conf almost EVERY line is hashed out throughout the
entire file - looks corrupt.