[Wolves] Imap folders

Wayne waynelists at machx.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 17:40:43 GMT 2008

Adam Sweet wrote:

>> Now, I'm really confused. I've always assume that my system uses Dovecot
>> and indeed a quick search for dovecot reveals the imap
>> directories stuffed with references to Dovecot - however trying to
>> restart Dovecot gives a 'fatal error, invalid configuration in
>> /etc/dovecot.conf'
>> and in dovecot.conf almost EVERY line is hashed out throughout the
>> entire file - looks corrupt.
>>

> Hmmm. Could be a problem, that.
>
> Try telnetting your server on port 143 and see what answers:
>
> telnet yourserverip 143
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam Sweet

I've re-installed Dovecot and it starts and stops properly now. (oh it
did start ok, now it says invalid conf file on retart)
The conf file is the same , I guess it has a minimum number of options
to make it work and millions of other hashed options.

It runs, as imap works and the telnet gives - Dovecot ready.

Anyway, I've googled a bit and there seem to be a lot of people trying
to figure this - the answer seems to be something about using Maildir.