[Wolves] For all petrol heads like me :-) + on the subject of petrol

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:13:04 GMT 2008

On 14/01/2008, ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:
> On 14/01/2008, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Have you noticed that the old "let's boycott Esso and BP" e-mail is
> > once again doing the rounds.....  like it would really make the
> > slightest difference...
>
> Yep, its interesting how the price of fuel is higher now than when all
> those so called fuel riots was on what a nation we are?
>
> Gas is going up 500% Mutter mutter "How are we gonna pay it"
> Electric is going up 900% Mutter mutter "How are we gonna pay it?"
> Train fares up 1100% Mutter mutter "How we gonna pay for it?"
>
> If this was some European country or Latin country for that matter
> there'd be tanks on the streets! but good old Brits that we are we'll
> just accept it.
>
> What I want to know is how come the population didn't storm the winter
> palace of number 10 when public money (Yours and mine) was used to
> prop up a private venture Northern Rock and now I read that most, if
> not all, of our lovely Tax money may never be paid back by them.

Easy answer?  Because most of us Brits are just full of stale old hot
air.  We let successive governments pour smelly yellow stuff all over
us and we sit back and take it.  I've tried my bit in the past, I've
literally pounded the streets and done leaflet drops.  I've slaved
over a PC for hours collating information gathered (yes, hours and
hours on end, no joke).  All for what?  So others can once again sit
back and do bugger all but bump their gums.