[Wolves] Now I know what Vista hell is!!!!

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:26:20 GMT 2008

On 18/01/2008, ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:

> > I don't know how much of my email you actually read, but you seemed to miss this bit (which you quoted in your reply):
> >
> > " > (nb. none of this is directly aimed at anyone specific on-list.) "
>
> No, you put that line as a sort of 'Get out of Jail free card" this is
> born out by

This is how I see that line too.  It would appear that by saying that
you absolve yourself of anything that laters follows.  Well sorry, but
in this case no it doesn't.

> Quote:
>
> > I disagree.
>
> To disagree means you have acknowledged someone's point and that you
> are refuting it with you own opinion, that in itself is fine however
> its the form that the counter argument is presented in that is IMO
> what is at issue here.
>
> > "Venting" about other OSes - especially in the form of purile M$-bashing - is probably
> >  setting back the Free software movement by a good 5 years in terms of mainstream
> >  recognition and non-enthusiast adoption.
>
> Seeing as Kevan was "Venting" his spleen clearly that wording is aimed
> at him at least that's the way I read it, your reply then continues
> with statements like "purile M$-bashing" "childish idiots" guaranteed
> to put anyone's back up.

It most certainly DID put my back up.  I'm normally not one to get
upset and will usually just let it flow off me like water off the
proverbial duck's back.  But when I simply report on a personal
experience I do not expect to get that sort of a bashing as if I am
some sort of idiot.  I feel that it was uncalled for.  I have a right
to my opinion, more so when I am giving factual information.  You are
entitled yours and I may disagree with you but I wouldn't attack you
in that manner on a public forum.

> Mind you I did roll on the floor with laughter at "setting back the
> Free software movement by a good 5 years in terms of mainstream
> recognition"

Wow!!!  I did all that by my self?  All because I reported a personal
experience.

Before this all descends into a flame war I would just like to say
that I do feel upset by what I see as a personal attack on me despite
any disclaimers.  That's it.  I'd rather see this put to bed now but
hopefully with lessons learned?