[Wolves] Power saving in Kubuntu

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sun Jan 20 21:51:13 GMT 2008

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 06:09:09PM +0000, Kevan Farmer wrote:
> Apart from the monitor settings are there any other power saving utilities in
> Kubuntu 7.10?  I've never had to think about this before but now that I have
> a permanently on PC running Kubuntu 7.10 I think it's about time I did :-)

Powertop from Intel.

Running it for the first time on a brand new install on an IBM Thinkpad here
says that I am using 16.4W initially. After doing everything that it
recommends I get it down to about 15.2W. I'm sure I could reduce further
using some of the recommendations from the following website though:-

http://fewerwatts.org/

(redirects to the original [but grammatically incorrect]
http://lesswatts.org)

Cheers,
Al.