[Wolves] What CMS ???

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Tue Jan 22 13:51:29 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 11:28:39AM +0000, Re-LoaD wrote:
> Hi All,
> 	I'm after opinions;
> what's the best CMS around ? I don't want wiki based site but something
> along the lines of Manbo, E107etc...
> I'd prefer PHP (so I can tweek it) but am open to others.
> I just cant see the point in me writing yet another cms..
>
> Cheers

I use drupal on several sites (http://www.1stpennfields.org.uk
http://www.wolveslug.org.uk and my own http://www.wellsted.org.uk once
I add some content).

I did try Joomla but went with Drupal because:
1/ Lightwieght (comparitively, less diskspace, smaller DBase)
2/ modular (just add what I want/need) (OK, Joomla does this as well)
3/ simpler admin/publishing (I never could find how to publish a user
story without admin approval)
4/ Multi-site support (one copy serves multiple domains).
5/ (very) Frequent updates as security issues are found/fixed

That said, drupal has its limitations:
1/ Limited number of themes (compared to Joomla)
2/ Frequent updates!
3/ slightly more restricted layout options than Joomla.

HTH

--
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk