[Wolves] BBC iPlayer woes...

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 26 03:10:57 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 11:09:33PM +0000, Kevanf1 wrote:
> On 25/01/2008, Andy Smith <andy at lug.org.uk> wrote:
> > Hi Kevan,
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 01:49:40PM +0000, Kevanf1 wrote:
> > > I'd also like to point out, once again, that I did state that I, me
> > > personally, have not looked at the instructions or details of using
> > > the iPlayer.  But, then, let's let facts get in the way of a good put
> > > down, eh?
> >
> > Your words were: "Sorry, I can't help but crow about this.."  You
> > also used the words "woe" and "secret."
> >
> > A bit much for something you don't actually have any real experience
> > (or apparently, knowledge) of?
>
> So?  Your point is?

My point is that if you're going to publically crow about something
and use words like "secret" and "woe," then I would have thought you
would actually want to check what it is you're doing that about to
see if it really is as bad as you have heard.

> As for the secret bit, well, I stand by that.

Even in the face of the screenshot showing a dialog box with a short
text saying what it will do?

>  When highly relevant details such as a program possibly slowing down
> a computer it is installed on are glossed over or relatively 'hidden'
> then I regard that as 'secret'.  I actually liken it to the debacle
> with Sony not so long ago with their hidden little 'extras'.

We really must have different concepts of what "secret" means.

> I take it you are so saintly that you have never crowed about anything
> that you have only read about?

Sure but if it's later shown that I'm repeating something that is
not true I can just admit it.

Regards,
Andy