[Wolves] BBC iPlayer woes...

Peter Evans zen8486 at zen.co.uk
Sat Jan 26 17:17:13 GMT 2008

To attribute FUD as only being connected with Microsoft is I think
grossly unfair. There's plenty of examples of 'Fear, Uncertainty and
Disinformation' being spread by other people/companies on all sorts of
subjects.

The use of M$ has been commented  on in the past as being antoginistic
and perhaps inappropriate.

I used it myself, but I stopped when I realised that it only served to
weaken any argument by trivialising the contributions of a company of
long standing.

If I understand correctly a 'troll' is someone that enjoys
deliberately starting arguments by making obviously false statements
and fans the flames of those already running.

I choose to believe that we don't have any of those here. Instead we
have a group of people that will on occaision disagree.

It's all too easy for these things to run away, become overly personal
and to want to 'win' points at all costs. That we've had one person
decide to leave the list would seem to indicate that views are
polarising too much forvsome already?

Just my two-penneth
--
Pete Evans