[Wolves] OT McDonalds Free Wireless

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Jan 31 17:58:28 GMT 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:29:39PM +0000, Wayne wrote:
> McDonalds has free wireless, which I've always avoided thinking you'd
> need to sign up, it would be limited, or
> you'd need to get a scratchcard.
> Anyway, I tried it yesterday and the login page simply asks for name,
> pass and email which you can succesfully enter
> garbage for - I used A,B,C and you're on. So you don't even need to go in!

Actually it asks for name, email and postcode. The service is provided by
the cloud and works pretty well. I tried it for the first time last night
and had an excellent signal, no drop outs and pretty good connection speed
over the ~2 hours I was there.

The only problem I had was the kids playing crap tinny music out loud on
their phones at the next table :)

For security I ssh tunneled to another machine and sent all my traffic
through that rather than over the wifi. Also worked well.

Cheers,
Al.