[Wolves] Mailboxes.....

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 11:32:59 BST 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 09:08:49AM +0100, Dave Morley wrote:
> Okay I got an issue which is perplexing me now.
>
> In the Ubuntu server guide it gives you a line something like sudo
> postconf -e 'home_mailbox = Maildir/' in order to get your mailbox to
> be /home/username/Maildir.
>
> This is what I want as my home dir is much larger than my root dir.
>
> I had a hunt around in the webmin conf setup to see what it changed for
> future reference (Which I found).  The only issue I got is that even
> after rebooting the machine the mail is still going
> to /var/mail/username and not /home/username/Maildir and ideas what I'm
> doing wrong?

Hi Dave,

Check your /etc/postfix/main.cf file.  Find the line with
"home_mailbox" at the start.  It should read "home_mailbox = Maildir/"
(without the quotes).

If it does, the next thing to do is to check /var/log/mail.log and
/var/log/mail.err for errors when email is delivered.

Check the permissions/ownership on your ~/Maildir - postfix may not be
able to write to the dir.

--
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk