[Wolves] Equipment stolen

Stephen Welch bigfishinnet at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 24 11:55:12 GMT 2008

On 23/03/2008, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> My home in Great Wyrley was burgled some time between lunch time and 10
>  pm yesterday.

<snip>

>  My PC security tip - use ancient, crappy PCs with CRTs. Thieves don't go
>  near them.

That is very depressing.  Sorry to hear it Andy.  The bad news is that
they may come back!!

Did they only take pc's?  It is common for them to return once the
owner has equipped themselves with new kit.  Do not leave any of the
new packaging boxes in an obvious place.

I have been done twice probably by the same scum bag.  In brum the
council do a free alarm scheme - even the shed has one now!  Maybe
staffs??  If you can tighten up on security then I would as they will
almost certainly try again at some point.

The upside to my situation was I inadvertently gave the insurance co.
the wrong spec for the server that was nicked:  was ml330 gave them
ml350 g5. :-)  It was a mistake before some one calls the cops!  Those
2.5 SAS drives are expensive though!!

Hope you get it back and get it even.

Stephen